The Flaming Sword Ministries International (FSM) is a Christian Drama and Film Ministry. It was founded out of a call to bring the Word of God to people using Christian drama/film. In today’s world, more people are leaning towards the comfort of audio-visual to fulfill their needs for entertainment and information.
We believe that one of the most effective and important activities Jesus did for people was to tell them stories. He was the master storyteller. Through His stories, Jesus transformed hearts, renewed minds, and saved souls. Our focus is to equip, uplift, remind and rekindle the zeal of individuals and the church, such that directs the unsaved to eternal life. The use of Christian Drama/film is a very effective medium to help people understand the message of the Gospel and respond to it.
Our focus is to equip, uplift, remind and rekindle the zeal of the church and to lead the unsaved to eternal life. The use of Christian Drama/film is a very effective medium to help people understand the message of the Gospel and respond to it. It is no gainsaying to declare that Christian drama/film ministry has become an effective instrument of liberating people from bondages and oppression of the kingdom in this end time. It is not lagging behind in carrying out the mandate of the great commission of our Lord Jesus (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:15). The present wave of spiritual revolution wherein people are interested in not only the Word but also the ACT, makes drama indisputably a formidable soul-winning weapon.
FSM was born out of burden and vision in the hearts of Wole Adeyi and Margaret Anenih, to evangelize The Word of God through the medium of drama and film productions. The ministry comprises of team/board members of four families; so it can be rightly termed “family ministry”. Later, people with the same vision and calling joined the ministry and currently the ministry has over fifty ‘50’ field members all over the World. The Lord is increasing the work and the ministry has expanded into many evangelistic arms: Drama Outreaches, Film Productions, Drama Institute, Marketing Outfit, T.V. Production Outreach and Publication.
On the 24th of September, 2011, the North American Conference of Evangelical Drama and Film Ministers (NACEDRAM) was inaugurated in Dallas, Texas. The association was initiated by the Flaming Sword Ministries, Dallas in collaboration with the Mount Zion Ministries Nigeria. That year the theme was "God's Battle Axe". The association was set out under the mighty hand of the Holy Spirit. NACEDRAM Annual Conference is the gathering of all Christians, evangelical film lovers and specifically Christian Drama and Film Ministers all over the United States of America, Canada and the Caribbean Countries.
Thus far, the FSM has produced about twenty 20’ films and television serials.
OUR MISSION, PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
• To reconcile godless men (sinners) back unto God (2 Cor. 5:18-20).
• To revive the lukewarm Christians and rekindle their Godly zeal (Eph. 5:15-16).
• It is a rescue mission, liberating men from the captivity of the devil. It is therefore a spiritual battle that requires spiritual armor. (2 Cor. 10:4).
• Preaching Jesus to the lost souls for spiritual regeneration (Luke 4:18; John 3:16).
• Presenting spiritual revival to the compromising and carnal Christians.
• Preaching spiritual awakening to the “sleeping” and “slumbering” church of God (Romans 12: 1-2; Eph. 4: 22-24).
• Preaching spiritual preparation to the body of Christ making them conscious of the imminence of Christ’s coming (Matt. 16:27; Matt. 25:31-41).
• Preaching spiritual revelations and enlightenment (Psalm 119:130; Psalm 119:105).
Finally, by dramatizing the gospel of Jesus, The Flaming Sword Ministries aims at the spiritual fruits. These includes the believers being revived; sinners being saved, ministers being challenged, and the spiritual fruits of the ministrations becoming clear (John 15:8, 16).